Helping you make a difference
Operating a not-for-profit organization has many rewards along with many unique challenges. At NPT LLP, we understand that you need to account for every dollar and comply with your organization’s unique reporting and regulatory requirements.
NPT LLP’s London, Ontario based not-for-profit accounting group serves more than 70 clients, some with annual revenues in excess of $50 million. Our client portfolio is quite diverse and spans multiple sectors which provides us with accounting experience relating to a variety of funding sources and their unique reporting requirements. We understand the funding complexity that can be attached to government grants and foundation donations to name but a few.
Our knowledge base is enhanced through our membership with PKF North America - a network of accounting firms that provides us access to international expertise and best practices. We believe our breadth of accounting and advisory experience and membership with PKF will be of great benefit to your organization.
We recognize the value that our not-for-profit clients add to our community and we are proud to have the opportunity to work with them as they make a difference in the world. At NPT LLP, our not-for-profit group is here to add value to your organization. Our audit and advisory services along with our financial management services are delivered to ensure your funding is used effectively, compliance is met and risks are minimized.
NPT LLP is committed to serving the unique needs of not-for-profit organizations in many sectors within the London and Southwestern Ontario region including:
- The Arts
- Childcare centres
- Condominium corporations
- Long-term care facilities
- Private schools
- Professional and trade associations
- Social and community services
- Sports and recreational clubs
NPT is well versed in the compliance reporting required by the not-for-profit sector as well as providing related advisory services not limited to the following:
Assurance and accounting services
- Audit, review and notice to reader reports on year end results and special reports required by various funders including MOH, MCSS, MCYS, and MTCU
- Preparation of financial statements and assistance with accounting policy choices
- Advice on new accounting standards
- Evaluation of internal control environment
Tax compliance and planning services
- Registered Charity Information Return – T3010-1
- Non-Profit Organization Information Return – T1044
- Preparation of T4s for employees
- HST registration requirements and rebate application
- Donation receipting requirements and limitations
- Social enterprise planning and structure
- Corporate governance – structure, responsibilities, reporting
- Internal control design to address fraud prevention
- Cash flow projections to assist with budgeting
- Startup consultations