We’re looking for a dynamic and professional individual to join NPT LLP Chartered Accountants as a Tax Staff in our tax group. At NPT you'll enhance your capabilities in a team environment, helping our clients grow and succeed. Our goals and expectations are high and we provide the opportunity and support to let you learn, grow and prove yourself as a professional.
NPT is a professional accounting and advisory firm located in London, Ontario. We are dedicated to the continued success of our clients. Our partners and full complement of professional staff have a simple philosophy: Clients first!
As one of the largest regional public accounting firms in London and Southwestern Ontario, we ensure that you have an opportunity to work on various engagements in a wide variety of industries.
- 2-5 years of experience in a related field of accounting
- 2-5 years of computerized accounting experience
- Experience in tax is an asset
- Experience in US tax is an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- A good working knowledge of CaseWare or similar accounting software is an asset
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a strong sense of dedication and work ethic
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Attentive to detail and highly organized
- Eager to learn and assist with preparation of varied tax compliance forms for Canada and the US, including but not limited to T1 returns and US 1040 returns
- Work full time with the tax team
- Prepare personal, trust, payroll and corporate tax returns, both Canadian and US
- Develop positive working relationship with clients and staff
- Work within time budgets, monitor progress to budgets and meet deadlines
- Report progress of engagements to manager and/or partner
- Assist with tax season co-ordination
- This is a permanent full time position starting as soon as possible
- Benefits and health care spending account are provided
- Office hours: September – February 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, March – April 8:30 am – 5:30 pm and July – August 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Additional overtime may be required
- Member of PKF North America – Get the resources and contacts of a large firm but the variety of work and experiences of a smaller firm
- We try to “add value and find balance” in everything we do!
Interested? Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include “Tax Staff” – Your First and Last Name” in the subject line. Candidates will be considered as applications are received and the posting will remain open until Monday, January 15, 2015. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please and thank you.