Senior Staff Accountant, Audit and Assurance
We’re looking for a dynamic and professional individual to join NPT LLP Chartered Accountants as a Senior Staff Accountant in London, Ontario, Canada. At NPT you'll enhance your capabilities in a team environment, helping our clients grow and succeed. Our goals and expectations are high and we provide the opportunity and support to let you learn, grow and prove yourself as a professional.
- 3-5 years of experience in public practice or related field of accounting
- 3-5 years of computerized accounting experience
- CPA (CA or CGA) designation or in final stage of completing qualifications for designation
- Experience in audit and assurance
- Ability to supervise, train and evaluate junior staff members
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel and good working knowledge of CaseWare or similar accounting software
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Prepare audit and review engagement files, financial statements and personal and corporate tax returns
- Identify issues and potential solutions and make recommendations for the best solution
- Develop positive working relationships with clients and staff
- Delegate, review and supervise junior accounting staff
- Participate in pre and post engagement discussions
- Work within time budgets, monitor progress to budget and meet deadlines
- Report progress of engagement to manager and partner
- Other duties as assigned
- Permanent and full time position starting as soon as possible
- Benefits provided
- Office hours: September – February 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, March – April 8:30 am – 5:30 pm and July – August 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Additional overtime may be required
- Member of PKF North America – Get the resources and contacts of a large firm but the variety of work and experiences of a smaller firm
- We try to “add value and find balance” in everything we do!
Interested? Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include “Senior Staff Accountant, Audit and Assurance – Your First and Last Name” in the subject line. Candidates will be considered as applications are received and the posting will remain open until a candidate is identified. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities.
No phone calls please and thank you.